Hoyle Copse

Feb 2014 Minutes

A meeting of Stoke Gabriel Parish Council was held on

Wednesday 5th February 2014 in the Village Hall

 8 Members of the public were present

 Present: Mr R Tully (Chairman), Mrs C. Hunt, Miss E Bridge, Miss P Ellis, Mr P. Fenwick, and Mr J Robinson.

In Attendance -  County/District Cllr Rose Rowe

 

1                    Apologies –  Mrs R. Garner, Mr I. Jones and Mr H Rawlings

2                    Police Report – Cllr Robinson advised that no police reports were being submitted and any issues should be reported by the police on line. To date no reports have been received. Cllr Rowe advised that at other Parish Council meetings in her ward the police are present and submit reports. It was agreed to write to the police to request a presence at our meetings.

3          To confirm the minutes of the last meeting on 16th December 2013

            Taken as read and signed by the Chairman,

4          Matters arising from the Minutes –  None

5          Chairman’s Report -  Cllr Tully advised that with the stormy weather any concerns should be reported to Cllr Robinson who would be able to advice on any course of action.

6          Reports from the County and District Councillor – Cllr Rowe advised that she had attended two people’s scrutiny meetings at County Hall which have been concerned safe guarding children within the schools, homes and social care. There is a premium of £ 17m this year and £ 21m for 2014/2015 to assist with their progress through school and not get left behind. Other issues discussed were setting the budget for people which would include schools, care homes, social welfare, fostering and adoption. The total budget for 2014/2015 is £ 314m which is £ 4m less than last year. The Corporate Services budget for 2014/22015 is £ 408m. Regarding the District the Chief Executive has indicated that he will retire at the end of March and Alan Robinson has been appointed as Head of Services for both South Hams and West Devon. The District Council Tax for the coming year is likely to be increased by 1.9%. This will agreed at next week’s Finance meeting. From a point raised by Cllr Robinson it was agreed to write to Berry Pomperoy Parish Council regarding the sharing of services made available through the TAP fund.      

7          Reports from Lead Councillors -  Cllr Fenwick advised that finalisation details for visibility splays on Aish Road were agreed. Outstanding landscaping submissions at Rowe’s Meadow are being addressed but still not signed off. Regarding the proposed Cavanna development on Paignton Road the minutes of the last Steering Group meeting of 21st November were on their web-site. No further response has been received from Cavanna. The first Coombe Shute development consultation took place on the 10th December which was not publicized in line with commitments made at the November PC meeting. Also key information was not shown. As a result we negotiated, with support from South Hams, an extension for inputs and a second exhibition which took place on 6th February. We had discussed the process and the exhibition with the Developer to ensure as much transparency and communication as possible and would expect feedback as a result of current submissions. SHDC have asked our position with respect to the village car park and while the need is acute the Parish Council’s position was confirmed that we do not want to police it. The mail drop for the Neighbourhood Plan will take place in early March and will be, professionally administered using the new electoral role which will be issued 15th February. Feedback will be reported at the March Council meeting.  Information concerning the Call for sites will be available for next meeting . Regarding a telephone call received by the Chairman suggesting that Cllr Robinson was too involved with the Coombe Shute development because he worked for and acted as the accountant for the landowner Cllr Robinson advised that he neither worked for or acted on behalf of the landowner and his only connection was simply that he had been drinking in the Church House Inn for the last 44 years since he was 21 years old.

8     Planning  The following planning application had been considered at a meeting held on 5th February 2014 at which the following councillors were present: Hunt, Ellis, Robinson, and Bridge.

1.      6 Darton Grove, Paignton Road – rear conservatory and dormer roof. A site meeting has been arranged for Monday 10th February.

   Planning Applications Granted by SHDC –  

  1. Sweets Meadow, Vicarage Road – Rendered block gateposts
  2. Edenvale, The Barnhay – Alterations and extensions

Planning Applications refused by SHDC –  none

Applications Withdrawn –  None

Appeals Received by SHDC – Riverways, Mill Hill – Demolition and erection of replacement dwelling.                                                                        

Ongoing Applications –  Cllr Robinson advised that he had a meeting with the Council’s solicitor with a view to signing the contract of purchase of the land for the new burial site. He asked agreement for him to carry out this task. It was agreed by all that the process should continue.

9          Matters raised on behalf of the Clerk – Cllr Robinson advised that there was nothing to raise.

10        Hoyle Copse – In Cllr Jones’s absence no report has been received.

11        Highway and Hedgerow Matters – Cllr Ellis was pleased that a replacement rubbish bin had been sited at the top of School Hill. Concern was raised regarding the flooding in Paignton Road and the number of potholes in Aish Road. Cllr Rowe agreed to report these and others. Cllr Bridge raised concern over the traffic wardens that visit the Parish especially as they are aware that parking is a problem. It was agreed to chase up Devon Highways and write a strong letter to both the new Chief Executive and the Leader of the District Council. Cllr Hunt advised that a bow of a tree had fallen down at White Hill and she had already reported this to Torbay Council without any response. It was agreed to write to Lee Marshall of Torbay Council.

12        Matters raised by Councillors –  Cllr Bridge requested agreement to start the process of a housing needs survey. It was agreed that contact should be made with the Community Council of Devon for further input. Cllr Rowe suggested that future consultation days for major developments should be held at a venue where the display could be left for a longer period to enable those that cannot attend during the normal time could be involved with submission responses. It was agreed to write to the Church PCC about the possibility of using the Church in future. For the current proposed development Cllr Fenwick suggested obtaining an A3 size booklet which could be located in a local shop. He agreed to discuss this with the proprietor of the Country Gallery. As no response had been received by the agent of the owner of the Castle Inn regarding the parking issues it was agreed to contact him again advising that if no response was received within seven days and enforcement order would be made through the District Council. Cllr Rowe advised that there were a number of ongoing planning enforcement cases currently being looked at.  Regarding Longcoombe Cross it was agreed to write to Berry Pomperoy regarding the parking of the large at the junction with the Totnes/ Paignton Road.   

13        Accounts -     

 To agree the following payments: It was proposed by Cllr Bridge and seconded by Cllr Ellis to make these payments

 

J. Robinson Expenses November 2013 to January 2014                                £  131.04

 J. Robinson annual allowance for use of house and

 Motor vehicle (as agreed)                                                                                £  200.00

 Stoke Gabriel Village Hall – Hall Hire x 3                                                      £   42.00

 Plandscape – November verge and orchard cut                                             £ 190.46

There being no other business the meeting closed at 8.20pm

Date of next Meeting-           31st March 2014                     .