Hoyle Copse

July 2018 Minutes

624

A meeting of Stoke Gabriel Parish Council was held on Monday 16th July 2018 in the Village Hall 

14 Members of the public were present 

Present: Mr R Tully (Chairman) Mr S. Avery, Mr R. Harris, Mr R. Hunt, Mr I Jones, and Mr J Robinson.

In Attendance: District Cllr Rowe, County/District Cllr Hawkins 

1. Apologies: Miss E Bridge, Mr P. Fenwick, Mr H. Rawlings and District Cllr Bastone

2. Any declaration of interests that members have during the consideration of agenda items.

3 Police Report: No report had been received. 

4. To confirm the minutes of the last meeting on 25thJune 2018: After discussion it was agreed to make alterations to item 3 due to the fact that Cllr Robinson was not in attendance for this agenda item.

5.  Matters arising from the Minutes: None apart from that shown in item 4 above

6. Chairman’s Report: The Chairman had nothing to report under this item. 

7. Reports from County & District Councillors: District Cllr Rowe advised that during the month of June there were not had many meetings to attend at Follaton House, they had been mainly workshop type meetings. There were several meetings concerning the Health and well being proposals for Dartmouth and the surrounding area .An Announcement was made by Cllr Tucker at the last meeting on Friday 22ndJune so hopefully there may be now a way forward. Cllr Rowe suggested that in order to give everyone some more information about the work of our District Council they should look a look at The Councils` Face book page where there is a lot of information about what is going on or has taken place. She recommended that when we have a bit of spare time or simply an interest go on the page and take a look at what is happening. Some of the more interesting topics included; Affordable Housing with Cllr.Bastone, This week is National Democracy Week, Health Matters.  Smoking in pregnancy and Homelessness. 334 households were saved from being made homeless by the District Council in the past year. Due in some cases to the shortage of drivers or Lorries breaking down and sometimes at breaking point with the amount of waste on board when the weight limit is reached. The lorry has to go back to the waste disposal depot to empty and then runs out of time. This often caused a non collection of waste in certain areas. Warnings about beach safety have been made and 630 food hygiene inspections were carried out in the last year so it is now possible to check out the rating of your favourite Eating place. Fly tipping is still a constant problem and 850 of these were cleared and collected by S.H.D.C in the last year. Cllr Rowe asked everyone to make sure that they used a licensed waste carrier to remove anything that they wished to dispose of. The District Council will collect bulky items for just £18.00 per item. On this item Cllr Tully requested consideration that Council run waste tips stay open longer to enable those who work to haven time to take their rubbish to the tips this avoiding the need to fly tip. Cllr Rowe then remarked on her disappointment as to how the parish Council had become split recently over matters that could have been sorted out in friendly discussion and how much she appreciated the work carried out by Cllr Robinson. County/District Cllr Hawkins advised that the yellow no parking lines at Longcombe Cross would soon be laid and the disabled sign removed from the top of School hill. He advised that the proposal for yellow line at the junction of flood Street and Paignton Road would be put out for consultation in March next year. Cllr Hawkins also remarked how saddened he was over the issues within the Parish Council and praised Cllr Robinson for all his hard work on behalf of the Council for such a long time and asked that any outstanding issues be sorted without delay. Cllr Tully then thanked both District Cllrs for their kind remarks.  

8. Reports from Lead Councillors: There were no reports from lead Councillors. 

9. Neighbourhood Plan Report: In Cllr Fenwick’s absence Cllr Harris advised that the subcommittee were in the process of writing the plan

10. Planning

Receive considerations given at a planning committee meeting held on 16thJuly 2018.

  1. 1893/18/ADV – Parish Church, Church Walk - Replace old Notice Board and erect new boardNo Objection

625

  1. 1643/18/FUL - Aish Cross House, Aish, Stoke Gabriel– Change of use of land to provide holiday let unit. No Objection but a condition be placed to state that the entrance to the parking space be screened from Aish Road by an installation of wooden gates to maintain the visual appearance of Aish as a rural hamlet.
  2. 2127/18/FUL – 6 Orchard Way, Stoke Gabriel, TQ9 6PZ – Erection of small sun room to side of property, No Objection but a condition is placed to use the same materials as used on the existing property.

Planning Applications Granted by SHDC:

  1. Dart Less, Vicarage Close – Extension and canopy on front elevation and balcony on rear.
  2. Land at Whiterock, West of Brixham Road – Single storey wildlife building

Planning Applications Refused by SHDC: None.

Appeals Received by SHDC: None          

Applications withdrawn: None

Ongoing Applications: An application for premises licence from Real Drink Ltd. Broad Path, for the supply of alcohol both on and off the premises had been received. After discussion it was agreed that further information should be made available. This could then be discussed via e-mail.Cllr Robinson advised that there were now seven enforcement cases. 

11. Items raised on behalf of the Acting Clerk: Cllr Robinson advised that Mr David Lusty had after being the Parish tree warden since the end of the last millennium decided to stand down. It was agreed that a letter of thanks be sent to David and an advert be prepared to find a replacement, Cllr Robinson advised that he had received a request from the Preschool to erect a mud kitchen in the new play area. It was suggested that being made of wooden pallets and mud it would be susceptible to damage and miss use. It was agreed to request further information and costing before a decision could be made.

12. Hoyle Copse: Cllr Jones reported that no work would be carried out until September. 

13. Highway and Hedgerow Mattes: Cllr Harris reported that the sign at Lembury Cross had been damaged. Cllr Hunt advised that there were still problems in Coombe House Lane although some work had been carried out. Cllr Rowe requested that the area opposite the war memorial know as Cllr Pauline Ellis’s seat be tidied up. Cllr Robinson advised that he had already instructed Plandscape to carry out this task together with the tidying up of the entrance to Rydon Acres and the area around both the notice board and bus stop at Rydon Cross. From the floor a request was made for consideration to place white lines at the junction of Hoyle Lane and Flood Street as many road users did not realise that this was in fact a junction. This was agreed and Cllr Hawkins would organise. 

14. Matters raised by Councillors: Cllr Avery reported that a draft advert for a new clerk had been prepared showing that a nominal 20 hours per month over a 52 week year with a salary of £ 10.953. It was unanimously agreed that at least 32 hours per month would be more acceptable with an hourly rate of £11.00. It was agreed that Cllr Robinson alter the advert and ensure that it is sent to the parish magazine editor in good time so it could be included in next month’s edition. Cllr Jones advised that he wished a village map to be prepared something which had previously been agreed. This was again agreed and he agreed to make enquiries. Cllr Hunt advised that there were one or two dead or diseased apple trees in the village orchard. Cllr Jones agreed to make arrangements for them to be removed. Cllr Robinson advised that the cupboard in the village toilets had been broken into and only the toilet roll had disappeared. It was agreed to source a new stronger lockable cabinet. From the floor a member of the audience offered a gun cupboard and it was agreed to meet with the cleaning firm and see if this would be practical.   Cllr Robinson advised that the Parish standing orders needed to be updated especially with the new arrangements for recording Parish meetings. Cllr Robinson was asked to look into this and prepared some draft amendments. From a point raised at the last meeting Cllr Robinson reminded the meeting that it had been suggested that a donation be made to the carnival committee. At that meeting he advised that donations could not be made but payment for a specific item could be made. He suggested that the main music was being supplied by a local group who would be performing their last gig on the carnival Saturday night would a good reason to assist with the payment. This was agreed and Cllr Rowe asked Cllr Robinson to apply for a grant from her

626

District fund for £ 600.00. Cllr Robinson advised that the village hall committee had received notice from the District Council that their commercial waste contracts will be simplified and based on wither 52 weekly collections or 26 scheduled collection. This would mean that the charges for the village hall would increase from the current annual rate of £ 57 to £ 256.88. It was agreed to assist the village hall committee with advice.

15. Accounts: Cllr Robinson also advised that the BACS payment system needed to pay SHDC invoices had been set up. 

To agree the following payments: 

It was proposed by Cllr Harris and seconded by Cllr Jones to make these payments.

Payment Value VAT reclaim
Plandscape – Orchard grass, verges for June and Shrub maintenance for May/June  £312.93 £52.15

From the toilet bank account

It was proposed by Cllr Avery and seconded by Cllr Hunt to make these payments:

Payment Value VAT reclaim
Sophie Q – Regular cleaning from 19thJune to 19thAugust - 26 x £ 13.50  £351.00  
S.H.D.C. non Domestic rates to 31stMarch 2019     By BACS £369.81  

As we do not meet in August the next invoice will be to 24thSeptember 

There being no other business the meeting closed at 8.30pm.

Date of next Meeting: 24th September 2018.